About Me

After many years of thinking and soul searching, I would like to invite you to join my journey. Please help me find the answers I have not yet found and allow the ones I have to enlighten your life. Many people rebelled against religion, some for ideological reasons and others for emotional reasons. I was raised religious and wanted to run away; I failed. I am deeply connected with a religion and it came through deeper understanding rather than vice versa. I still disagree with many people who share my faith as to the correct motivations for our religion. I am as anti-religion as a religious man can get. I believe religion is the root to all evil.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Does your religion help you find yourself?

Science does a good job at learning the rules of our current physical reality. Being that the next X amount of years you are in this physical world you should try to maximize productivity here. I respect science for its accomplishments. But the most important thing to me as well as everyone else is the “I”. Do you care about the many planets that blow up on a regular basis? Obviously not, because your “I” has no connection to them. Why should you care about this world unless your “I” truly benefits?

Being that your human logic tells you that your “I” is beyond the physical; your body is also affected. You want you to take care of your “I”. This is why people want religion. They are looking to connect with their true reality which they know did not come from apes.

Often atheists speak about G-d more often than religious people. They reject all the explanations they were told. They are left with a huge void causing them to yearn for the real answer. They need to remind themselves over and over that the truth has not yet been found (at least by them).

People who accept a religion convince themselves that they know what their “I” is and how to protect it. Hypothetically most people are wrong since most religions contradict each other. Either one or none is correct. That’s why I respect atheists since they know that they don’t know.

No comments: